Tomorrow is the day Genau in diesem Ton is finally released!
The Stressen auf Rädern club tour is already on its way to stop #3 – Berlin – after having begun on Tuesday. Some people have noticed a change in the band’s line-up from the two shows that were already played, but it was soon explained: The reason Elmar is on guitar for the shows (he’s usually backstage) is because our dear Alex is going to be a father soon! On this note: Congratulations, Alex!
In other news related to the tour, the setlist includes seven songs from the new album, three of which haven’t already been posted or played live before. It was posted on Instagram as one of those short-term videos:
- Irgendwas ist immer
- Der Kapitän
- Silikon gegen Sexismus
- Wir sind alle nicht von hier
- Uns gehört die Nacht
- Ein Schmerz und eine Kehle
- I Love You, but I’ve Chosen Dispo
- Wir waren hier
- Es war nicht alles schlecht
There is officially just under a week until the new album Genau in diesem Ton is released! Depending on where you are when this gets posted, there’s either five days or six days (the latter is how long it will be for me).
Since the last update, two new videos have been posted by the band, and one is on its way: The first video is the lyric video to ‘Wir Sind Alle Nicht von Hier‘ with help from Silan Bekjarov and To Pedro, uploaded August 25. Earlier this week, on the 30th, a video of Jennifer and Joe performing a short song, ‘Wähl die AfD‘ (‘Vote for AfD’) was posted on Facebook; the song isn’t actually asking people to vote for the political party in an upcoming election, but rather gives reasons why people should not vote for them. Finally, the new music video for ‘Wir Waren Hier‘ will be posted sometime this weekend.
The video for ‘Wähl die AfD‘ has actually garnered a huge, negative response from AfD supporters, even resulting in Jennifer getting a threatening letter sent to her home address. It’s being described as another “shitstorm” reminiscent of the Böhse Onkelz/Frei.Wild issue a few years ago, in which Jennifer Rostock posted on Facebook that they do not want to see people wearing t-shirts at their concerts that have either of the two bands’ names on them, as both were known to have right-wing lyrics in their songs.
Also, I apologize for the lack of updates the past few weeks. I’ve been dealing with the loss of one of my pets, and had also gone on a week-long vacation with sucky Internet.
It’s official: The Stressen auf Rädern club tour planned for September 2016 is sold out, and there have already been reports of scams disguised as tickets that included VIP meet-and-greet passes. According to Jennifer, the band doesn’t believe in charging extra money for fans to be able to get to know them a bit, which is why they have autograph sessions whenever possible after a show and sometimes invite a fan or two to have a M&G.
However, the Genau in diesem Ton tour planned for early next year is already on pre-sale right now, and will go on general sale tomorrow. Speaking of which, a new music video is planned for release tomorrow, as well: ‘Uns Gehört die Nacht‘!
The tickets for Jennifer Rostock’s upcoming Stressen auf Rädern tour went on exclusive pre-sale yesterday, with the regular sale beginning tomorrow, but it appears that every concert has already sold out except for the show at Exil, Zurich, Switzerland, on September 15. While only the shows for September 08 and 11 (Berlin and Leipzig, respectively) are shown as sold out on Eventim.de, the others are listed as ‘Not available at this time’ and no tickets are available for purchase.
However, don’t fret – a new tour will begin in Ulm on January 27 and last until February 25, with the last show in Rostock. Tickets will go on sale sometime next week. All of the stops can be found on the Dates page.
The complete list of venues for the seven dates of the Stressen auf Rädern club tour have been announced. The exclusive pre-sale on Eventim.de begins on Wednesday, August 03, and the general pre-sale begins on Friday, August 05.
Dates and venues:
- September 05: Knust, Hamburg, Germany
- September 07: Club Bahnhof Ehrenfeld, Cologne, Germany
- September 08: SO 36, Berlin, Germany
- September 11: Werk 2, Leipzig, Germany
- September 13: Backstage, Munich, Germany
- September 14: Im Wizemann, Stuttgart, Germany
- September 15: Exil, Zurich, Switzerland
In other news, the band members have also begun signing the 4,000 autograph cards for the Genau in diesem Ton fanbox. The preorders for the album are available through most online shops, including iTunes, Amazon.de, and of course, Jennifer Rostock’s own shop. Fans can get the album in the following formats:
- A three-CD set that includes the new album itself, instrumentals, and remixes
- An MP3 version of the new album itself, instrumentals, and remixes
- A limited edition fanbox that includes the three-CD set, a gymbag, a poster, an autograph, pins, stickers, and patches
- A limited edition 2-vinyl set that contains the new album on red vinyl records, plus a CD copy
- Jennifer Rostock’s shop only: A limited edition t-shirt paired with the new album as either a CD or a red vinyl
- Jennifer Rostock’s shop only: A limited edition tank top paired with the new album as either a CD or a red vinyl
Jennifer Rostock sent out an image through their WhatsApp with the caption, “Tomorrow, kids, there might be something!” The image was a simple image of a street and a building flipped upside down with the words “WER SEINE JUGEND NICHT VERSCHWENDET HAT SIE SCHON VERPASST” – meaning “WHOEVER DOESN’T WASTE THEIR CHILDHOOD HAS MISSED IT.” It’s actually a lyric from one of the upcoming album’s songs, ‘Uns Gehört die Nacht‘ (‘The Night Belongs to Us‘).
Most likely, the song is going to be available on Spotify and iTunes tomorrow for those living in Europe.
The image is below:
In the past couple of days, I’ve added a six new article translations and two sets of lyrics: ‘Du Willst Mir an die Wäsche (Feat. Sido)’ (EN / DE) and ‘Irgendwas ist Immer’ (EN / DE). I’ll be working on more articles and interviews in the next few days; I have a bunch of links in my browser favorites to work on.
Jennifer Rostock’s new album Genau in diesem Ton is now available for pre-order! Unfortunately, nothing is available in the United States, but it can still be bought and shipped to the U.S. from Amazon.de.
Not only is the album available as a CD and vinyl, but it can also be purchased as a limited edition three-CD box set, which includes the album itself, a CD with of instrumentals, a CD of remixes, a gymbag, a poster, an autograph, pins, stickers, and patches!
According to iTunes, this is the full tracklist (including the two bonus CDs in the box set):
- Uns gehört die Nacht (The Night Belongs to Us)
- Irgendwas ist immer (Something is Forever)
- Baukräne (Construction Cranes)
- Wir waren hier (We Were Here)
- Neider machen Leute (People Make Haters)
- Hengstin (Babe)
- Ebbe & Flut (Ebb & Flow)
- Deiche (Levees)
- Silikon gegen Sexismus (Silicon Against Sexism)
- Leuchtturm (Lighthouse)
- Wir sind alle nicht von hier (We Aren’t All from Here)
- I Love You but I’ve Chosen Dispo
- Uns gehört die Nacht (Instrumental)
- Irgendwas ist immer (Instrumental)
- Baukräne (Instrumental)
- Wir waren hier (Instrumental)
- Neider machen Leute (Instrumental)
- Hengstin (Instrumental)
- Ebbe & Flut (Instrumental)
- Deiche (Instrumental)
- Silikon gegen Sexismus (Instrumental)
- Leuchtturm (Instrumental)
- Wir sind alle nicht von hier (Instrumental)
- Jenga (Instrumental)
- I Love You but I’ve Chosen Dispo (Instrumental)
- Und an der (Remix)
- Salatbar (Remix)
- Gibt’s (Remix)
- Immer nur (Remix)
- Salat (Remix)
5:46 AM (EST):
The last piece of the puzzle. Video premiere tomorrow at 12 [GMT+1].
A video snippet (with audio!) was also posted to the band’s Facebook and can be viewed here.